Collision Awareness (CAS)
Wabtec’s Collision Awareness System Generation 3 is the industry’s most advanced solution on the market today. Maximizing productivity by protecting your people is the common aim of all stakeholders towards zero harm. The vision of the companies we partner with is one where every person makes it home safely. It’s ours too. The all-new CAS Generation 3 solution changes the game. It’s a system designed by science, driven by technology and used by leaders.
Quick Statistic: Improved safety equates to a 10% reduction in lives lost and a 20% decrease in injuries within mining.
Wabtec’s CAS Generation 3 solution is a revolutionary solution for safety within the mining industry. Voice based warnings reduce alarm fatigue when advanced sensors and algorithms detect other vehicles and hazards on the mining site. Real-time system health monitoring identifies critical system failures so decisions on safe operation can be made instantly. Smarter technology embedded in everyday operations reduces accidents, injuries, damage to equipment, and facilities. The data and analytics derived from continuous monitoring allows mines to be one step ahead of potential hazards and better decision making.
Wabtec Digital Mine CAS Generation 3 is the only solution on the market that:
- Supports L7-L9 controls at all speeds
- Provides real-time critical system health monitoring
- Uses context based voice advisory of threats and expected responses
- Complies with EMESRT, ICMM & Minerals Council standards and recommendations
Further value is driven from CAS Generation 3 with:
- Highly accurate sensing that significantly reduces nuisance alarms in operation
- Web-based reporting & analytics platforms that enables data driven decisions
- A platform that supports integrated productivity and efficiency solutions
- Reduction of critical vehicle interaction risk
- Game changing performance & user experience
Wabtec Digital Mine proudly upholds a reputation for excellence over 15 years of operation. Our results speak for themselves – 0 fatalities & 0 unreported events.
Proven technology that sets the standards for workplace safety & facilitates "zero-harm" objectives
Protect Vehicles & Equipment
Protect Against Loss of Control
Lower Total Cost of Ownership
Accelerate Zero-Harm Objectives
High Reliability Platform
Fully configurable and adaptable to site-specific requirements
Smart Rules & Intelligence
Remote Monitoring & Troubleshooting
360-Degree Situational Awareness
Ultra-High Accuracy Sensing
Machine Data Acquisition
Critical Vehicle Interaction Threat Advisories
Reporting & Analytics
System Health Monitoring
Smart L9 Intervention Controls
Customer Value Delivered
- CAS Generation 3 alerted Haul Truck operator of approaching grader on off-side blind spot using clear voice alert (“Grader – Right”) potentially preventing a collision - Australian large cap coal miner
- Haul Truck operator reports unexpected CAS alerts from safe-passing due to poor haul road maintenance in wet weather conditions resulting in narrowing of the haul road and reduced haul truck passing gap - Australian large cap coal miner
- CAS Generation 3 analytics identified machine operators working outside standard mine site procedures allowing change in risky behavior - Australian large cap coal miner
Our customers are behind the most forward-looking progress in mining
Technology intervenes to prevent mine fleet traffic incidents
Mine sites are governed by rigorous safety procedures and policies, but even so, with employees both on foot and often necessarily driving light vehicles in the vicinity of hydraulic shovels and excavators, haul trucks, mobile drills and dozers, accidents and SPIs occur.
Head of the CAS
BHP, the world’s leading mining operator, is no stranger to Wabtec’s Digital Mining solutions. We’ve partnered with them successfully around the world, most recently in Australia, where they’ve seen the safety benefits of our CAS solution in action. Now they want that same ‘best-in-class’ safety system fitted to their extensive fleet in their Escondida mine in northern Chile, the world’s largest copper mine.
Start your digital mine journey
SALES & SUPPORT
apac [dot] dmt [at] wabtec [dot] com
latam [dot] dmt [at] wabtec [dot] com
nam [dot] dmt [at] wabtec [dot] com
Europe, Middle East & Africa
emea [dot] dmt [at] wabtec [dot] com