Ground Contact Unit
In terms of function, a ground contact is the same as a bridging circuit, consisting of the ground contact housing, the grounding cable, brush holder with contact brush, and the slip assembly. Wabtec GRU units reverse the current from the vehicle body to the track, by-passing the axle roller bearings. We offer diverse customized GRU solutions in our portfolio. Depending upon the mounting solution, axial and radial ground contacts for heavy and light rail applications are available.
Heavy Rail GRU
- For Locomotive, Electric Multiple Unit and High Speed Requirements
- High Speed GRU up to 570 km/h (French High Speed Record) with axial or radial solutions
- Proven devices with complete range of current load
Light Rail GRU
- For Metro and Tram Applications
- Very compact GRUs for small space envelope
- Designed for heavy environments down to – 40°C, salty environments, and high shock and vibrations
Wabtec Transit Rail
Sales and Support
For the fastest response time, please fill out the contact form.