Tomorrow starts today
At Wabtec, we are in the business of realizing potential. Our employees are the architects of the future. Go just about anywhere and you’ll find us. If you want to move and improve the world, start here.
Working at Wabtec
We’re always looking for people who can bring fresh perspectives and life experiences to our teams. If you’re looking for a place that values your curiosity, passion, and desire to learn, then you’ve come to the right place!
When you work at Wabtec you work with some of the most talented and passionate professionals in the industry. Our global team is committed and results-oriented and that has helped us remain highly competitive in our industry. We recognize the value of having a diverse team and an inclusive culture. We seek out people with diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives because we believe a diverse team produces better ideas and is more successful at meeting the needs of our customers.
Regardless of your role, you’ll collaborate with a team of people who share your passion and help you succeed. Wabtec is a great place to work for anyone who naturally focuses on continuous improvement, who owns their work, and who take pride in exceeding customer needs.
STEP 1: Apply
Once you've identified an opportunity, we invite you to submit a resume online. A member of our internal recruitment team will review your credentials against the requirements of the position. If our recruiters find a potential match, they’ll schedule a call to learn more about your skills and experience. Bring your questions — this is your opportunity to learn more about the role and our chance to hear more about you.
STEP 2. Assess
Depending on the role, location, and timeline, we may initiate our dialogue with you via telephone, virtual interview, or through a traditional in-person interview. We recognize an interview should serve a mutual benefit. We invite your questions.
STEP 3: Offer & On-boarding
It's decision time. Offers are generally extended live via telephone from a member of our internal team. (You will receive a communication from a member of our team if you are not selected for a particular role after the interview process has concluded).
Once you've accepted an offer at Wabtec, you will receive additional details about your on-boarding experience, including access to our online portal to begin the on-boarding process. It’s important to know that a Wabtec offer of employment is contingent upon completing a successful pre-employment check. This process differs by country. Please don’t hesitate to ask your recruiter for details.
Resume and Interview Tips
Remember, the purpose of a resume isn’t to show everything you’ve ever done. It’s your opportunity to showcase your major accomplishments as they relate to the job in which you are applying.
- Align your skills and experience with the job description.
- Position the most relevant points first where they are most likely to be read.
- Be specific about projects you’ve worked on or managed. What was the outcome? How did you measure success? Highlight your achievements by including results and supporting data.
- If you're a recent university graduate or have limited work experience, include school-related projects or coursework that demonstrates relevant skills and knowledge.
- Update your resume frequently to ensure your most recent accomplishments are captured.
- Stand Out. Don’t hesitate to advertise what makes you unique. Showing who you really are is what could be the thing that sets you a part and gets you hired.
- Know Our Business. We encourage you to become familiar with our industry, the challenges we face, and the competitive landscapes in which we operate.
- Prepare Your Examples. We don’t just want to understand what you did, we also want to understand how you did it. Review the job description and identify examples of your work that best match the types of experiences we need for that position. Be sure that your examples have a clear situation, task, action and result.
- Interview Us. You're in the process of making a decision that will impact your career for many years to come. Take this opportunity to ask questions about how we develop our organization, people, and vision.
At Wabtec, we celebrate diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to our employees and applicants. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use our career website as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you can request reasonable accommodations by emailing applicationaccommodation [at] wabtec [dot] com. Please reference Application Accommodation in the subject line of the email and include the requisition number for the position in which you are applying. An internal team member will contact you within 48 business hours of receipt to discuss your requested accommodation.
* We will only share information regarding your requested accommodation with those individuals who have a specific need to know.
** Please note that we are unable to respond to requests regarding application status. If you are a potential match for the position in which you’ve applied, you will be contacted by the Talent Acquisition team for further evaluation. You can check your application status through your candidate homepage.
We Look To Your Talents!
If you apply, you can be sure that your application will be given full consideration and that the selection process will be based solely on your ability to carry out the duties of the role in which you’ve applied.
If your ability to carry out a particular job is likely to be affected by a disability, we will take reasonable steps to identify and implement ways of overcoming these difficulties. Final selection for appointment will be on merit and qualification for the role.
Thank you for your interest in Wabtec!
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
At Wabtec, we challenge employees to be their best, so we can be too – helping them learn, grow and innovate. Our two-year Leadership, Expertise, Advancement and Development (LEAD) program is the primary path for university graduates into Wabtec and provides opportunities to accelerate your career. LEAD is a two-year program that offers an immersive learning experience in the fields of engineering, operations, finance, and IT along with extensive leadership training designed to build the next generation of leaders.
If you are looking to build skills in critical areas of the company with active coaching and an opportunity to apply your capabilities to projects with impact, we have the program for you.