1150 HP AC Air Cooled Motors
Wabtec manufactures rugged electric AC motors for the toughest applications in the oil & gas industry.
Manufactured in Erie, Pennsylvania for over 20 years
- Over 8,000 units shipped for operation by most global drilling contractors. Thousands more produced for Locomotive and Mining applications
- ATEX, IECEx, CAN/CSA, ANSI/UL hazardous area certifications
- ABS, DNV marine class certifications
- Tape heaters; 200 watts on each end for superior winding protection
- Power connection box field convertible (left to right side), with copper bar connections to the motor end rings.
- Form wound copper stator windings
- 4340 alloy steel – ABS certified motor shafts
- 20 year design life – 1.5 design margin
1150 HP (858 kW) AC Motors
The original GEB22 AC model with 5GE752 footprint, shaft height and bearings.
The same as 5GEB22A except with an oversized shaft extension for belted side loads.
The same as 5GEB22A except smaller roller bearing for direct coupled shaft with no side load.
- 6-pole stator with “form-wound” windings
- Copper chromium alloy rotor bars
- Class H insulation, robotically taped, Mica-Kapton system
- 4340 alloy shafts
- Insulated bearings on non-drive end
- Single shaft extension with hub
- IP56 stainless steel connection box, field convertible from A to B side.
- Winding RTDs, 100-ohm platinum; 2 per phase
- Pressure sensor to verify ventilation
- 15 HP (13 kW) blower assembly – 3,000 scfm
- Air Intake louvers to protect from water ingress
- Tape heaters 200 watts on each end of motor
- IP44 assembly rating
- Same shaft height and mounting feet dimensions as the 5GE752. 5GEB22D Shaft diameter and hub are larger.
Wabtec Drilling Solutions
SALES & SUPPORT
For the fastest response time, please fill out the contact form.
If you prefer to contact us directly, email to:
msdproducts [at] wabtec [dot] com (subject: Wabtec%20Drilling%20Solutions%20Website%20Inquiry)