Type OFW: Oil Forced Water
Forced Water & Oil Flow
Our Type OFW forced oil-water cooler is a shell & tube heat exchanger specifically designed for transformer cooling applications. This heat exchanger can be mounted in either vertical or horizontal positions. An optional design feature in this cooler is our unique Leak Detector design, which features “double walled” tubes that terminate at double tube sheets, allowing for any leaking water carried by the inside tube to be captured and contained by the outside tube, preventing water from mixing with the oil, there by protecting the transformer.
Features and Options:
- Spaced double tube sheet prevents water from entering the oil through a leaking tube joint
- Robust design with stiffer double concentric tubes more readily withstands "flow induced vibration"
- Compact design made possible by an Integral Finned copper outer tube on oil side
- Waterside access without disturbing connections permits inspection and maintenance for fouling and corrosion
- Longer dependable life resulting from the right choice of waterside materials
- Construction and ratings are available in Unifin's OFW technical bulletin
- Type OFW Size Range - Sizes available range from 8" - 24" diameter. Lengths of 36" - 120" depending on diameter. Nominal capacity range, 60 kW to 1,500 kW.
Wabtec Heat Transfer & Energy Solutions
SALES & SUPPORT
For the fastest response time, please fill out the contact form.
If you prefer to contact us directly:
unifin [at] wabtec [dot] com