Built on a service-proven locomotive platform to deliver best-in-class reliability and cost of ownership
The AC44i locomotive is a heavy-haul locomotive specifically designed for the South American market. Equipped with a 16-cylinder GE FDL 16 engine, the AC44i can deliver up to 4,500 HP while helping to keep fuel consumption and emissions to a minimum.
The AC44i locomotive with AC individual-axle traction-control technology combined with High Adhesion Trucks allows customers to haul heavier loads by significantly reducing slipping on start-ups, inclines and suboptimal track conditions. The Heavy Haul AC propulsion technology maximize the traction effort and achieves higher levels of power. The AC44i also features high-performance dynamic braking, which can dissipate up to 5900 HP, reducing car-wheel and car-brake shoe wear, while also improving down-hill operation safety.
AC44i specifications at a glance
- 7FDL 16 Cylinders, EFI Engine, 4500 GHP/ 4400THP @ 1050 rpm
- AC propulsion System w/ one inverter per axle and Dynamic Brake up to Zero KPH
- GE CCA Control System /Central Diagnostics System / Individual TM isolation
- Electronic Air Brake System
- Starting/Continuous Tractive Effort: (STE) 90,718 kgf, (CTE) 75,300 kgf
- Dynamic Braking Effort (DBE): 53,070 kgf (peak)
- Axle loading/ arrangement: 32,5 mt, C-C
- Fuel capacity: 17,980 liters usable
- Gauge: 1.435 – 1.60 meters
- Customized for operation in tight tunnels
- Engine cooling capacity sufficient to pass long tunnels
- Single axle control AC propulsion improves haulage capability and reliability proven on heavy haul operation
- Improved Maintainability, Availability and Reliability allows fleet reduction and maximizes the assets utilization and low op costs
Sales and Support
For the fastest response time, please fill out the contact form.