Delivering maximum haulage and unit-replacement ratio for heavy-haul freight
The ES58ACi locomotive is the most powerful Wabtec heavy-haul diesel-electric unit in operation. It incorporates the latest model GEVO V16 cylinders diesel engine on an AC traction-system backbone.
The GEVO16 engine operates on a 4-stroke cycle, is fully turbocharged via two turbochargers and an intercooler producing 6000 GHP. The AC-propulsion technology with individual traction motor control maximize the traction effort and achieves higher levels of rail horsepower.
ES58ACi specifications at a glance
- GEVO V16 Cylinders Engine, 6000 GHP/ 5750 THP @ 1050 rpm
- AC propulsion System w/ one inverter per axle and High Dynamic Braking capacity
- GE CCA Control System/ Central Diagnostics System/Individual TM isolation
- Electronic Air Brake System
- Starting/Continuous Tractive Effort: (STE) 90,718 kgf, (CTE) 75,300 kgf
- Dynamic Braking Effort (DBE): 53,070 kgf (peak)
- Axle loading/arrangement: 32,5 mt, C-C
- Fuel capacity: 23,500 liters usable
- Gauge: 1.435 – 1.600 meter
- High Tractive Effort based on thermal and adhesion capacity enables fewer locomotives per train
- Higher horsepower maximizes on-time performance and allows match with DC locomotives
- EVO technology delivers lower fuel consumption, emissions, asset downtime for repair and extended overhaul intervals
- Replacement ratio 3 ES58 x 4 DC locomotives
- Low operational costs proven on Heavy Haul operation
Sales and Support
For the fastest response time, please fill out the contact form.