AC traction performance and reliability on Wabtec’s lightest-weight platform ever.
The C20ACi locomotive is designed for higher pulling capacity to support lighter axle-load applications and incorporates all AC technology for heavy-haul operation.
The AC individual-axle traction-control technology maximize the traction effort and improves hauling capacity. The 7FDL /EFI/ turbocharged engine is proved above 4,000 meters of altitude and temperatures from -50° C to + 50° C, withstanding high cyclic thermal loads.
C20ACi specifications at a glance
- 7FDL8 Engine: 2,250 GHP @ 1050 rpm
- AC propulsion System w/ one inverter per axle and Dynamic Brake up to Zero KPH
- GE CCA Control System/Central Diagnostics System /Individual TM isolation system
- Electronic Air Brake System
- Starting Tractive Effort (STE) : up to 40,000 kgf
- Dynamic Braking Effort (DBE): up to 20,000 kgf (peak)
- Axle loading/arrangement: 16 metric ton, C-C
- Fuel capacity: 4,600 liters usable
- Gauge: 1.00 – 1.676 meter
- Great haulage capability replaces up two DC locomotives
- Designed to operate on sharp curves and to meet tight clearances
- Low-horsepower deration at high altitude
- Low operational costs, high availability and reliability proven on heavy haul operations
DC Locomotives (C21-C25EMP)
Designed for low-weight-per-axle applications and configurable gross horsepower up to 3,300.
Designed for higher pulling capacity to support lighter axle-load applications and incorporates all AC technology for heavy haul operation.