DC Locomotives (C21-C25EMP)
Leverages a rich history of 7FDL diesel-engine performance coupled with microprocessor control
The “C Series” locomotives are designed for low weight per axle and configurable horsepower.
The 7FDL12 cylinders/EFI/ turbocharged engine and the BrightStar Micro Processor Control System with traction-motors temperature control provides high performance and reliability. The 7FDL engine is proven in operations at very high altitudes, above 4,000 meters, and temperatures from -50 ° C to + 50 ° C, withstanding highly cyclic thermal loads.
Light Weight DC Locomotives (C21-C25EMP)
- Engine: 7FDL12 up to 3300 GHP/2300 to 3000 THP @ 1050 rpm
- Power Transmission: AC-DC /BrightStar Control System
- Electronic Air Brake System
- Starting/Continuous Tractive Effort: (STE) 32,000, (CTE) 26,500 kgf
- Dynamic Braking Effort (DBE): 22,400 kgf (peak)
- Axle loading/arrangement: 16 - 20 mt, C-C
- Fuel Capacity: 4500 - 6000 liters usable
- Gauge: 1.00 – 1.676 meter
- Low weight per axle with 12 cylinders/medium speed engine
- Extended overhaul intervals compared with similar lightweight locomotives
- Lower-horsepower deration at high altitude.
- Designed to operate on sharp curves and to meet tight tunnel clearances.
- Low operational costs, high availability and reliability
Developed to replace and enhance the C20EMP series with Wabtec’s AC six-axle control.
Designed for higher pulling capacity to support lighter axle-load applications and incorporates all AC technology for heavy haul operation.