The C30ACi locomotive was designed for higher pulling capacity to support lighter axle-load applications and incorporates all AC technology for heavy haul operation.
The C30ACi locomotive was designed for higher pulling capacity to support lighter axle-load applications and incorporates all AC technology for heavy haul operation. The AC individual-axle traction-control technology maximize the traction effort and improves the hauling capacity. The 7FDL/EFI turbocharged engine is proven above 4000 meters of altitude and temperatures from -50° C to + 50° C, withstanding high cyclic thermal loads.
C30ACi specifications at a glance
- 7FDL12 Engine: 3300 GHP/3100 THP @ 1050 rpm
- AC propulsion System w/ one inverter per axle and Dynamic Brake up to Zero KPH
- CCA Control System/Central Diagnostics System /Individual TM isolation system
- Electronic Air Brake System
- Starting/Continuous Tractive Effort: up to (STE) 54,880 kgf, (CTE) 46,900 kgf
- Dynamic Braking Effort (DBE): up to 29368 kgf (peak)
- Axle loading/arrangement: 18.5 - 21 mt, C-C
- Fuel capacity: 5000 - 8400 liters usable
- Gauge: 1.00 – 1.676 meter
- Great haulage capability replaces up two DC locomotives
- Designed to operate on sharp curves and to meet tight clearances
- Low horsepower deration at high altitude
- Low operational costs, high availability and reliability proven on heavy haul operations
Developed to replace and enhance the C20EMP series with Wabtec’s AC six-axle control.
DC Locomotives (C21-C25EMP)
Designed for low-weight-per-axle applications and configurable gross horsepower up to 3,300.