Lightweight, versatile, freely suspended systems as an alternative to conventional, body mounted brake rigging arrangements.
- Constructed from lightweight materials; Wabtec's TMX® & UBX® weigh 400 - 500 pounds less than conventional brake rigging
- Simplified two-lever arrangement is easy to install and adjust and requires no mounting to the bolster or connections to the car body of any kind
- Modular design of fabricated brake beam allows application to any rail gage and unit guide combination
- Angle corrected brake heads provide even shoe wear, leading to improved economy from less frequent shoe changeouts and full utilization of friction material
- Brake cylinders, slack adjusters, and brake beams are individually replaceable and reconditionable
- Available for 70, 100, 125 ton applications and capabilities up to 45 ton axle load