Quantum Plus Covers
HATCH COVER SYSTEMS
Our patented Quantum Plus system (+3, +5, +6) is the premier choice for trough hatch cover systems. The +3, +5, and +6 terminology references the number of small square shaped ports in the system. These ports work similar to a batten bar, but create a substantially better seal between intermediate covers and can act as loading or inspection ports. The length of these ports typically reduces the overall length of the intermediate covers making each cover considerably lighter and easier to operate.
Quantum Plus utilizes a unique shared bracketing design where Plus covers and intermediate covers share hinge brackets. This creates a lower application cost due to fewer components, and allows the cover system to follow wavy trough coamings, while staying properly aligned to create the best sealing system in the industry.
Our Quantum Plus covers are offered in fiberglass and aluminum, with both standard and low-profile designs. Along with material options, Quantum Plus covers are offered in multiple lengths in order to suit a variety of trough lengths.
- Soy Bean Meal
- Corn Gluten Meal
- Soda Ash
- Dried Distillers Grain (DDG)
Call us for further details
- 1-800-821-2376 (US & Canada)
- +1-816-257-5450 (International)
Quantum Plus Cover Systems
Features, Options & Specifications
- Additional Options
- Technical Specifications
- Operating Instructions
The Quantum Plus “Triple Seal” sealing system is the best sealing system in the industry. The transverse seal between covers or the “Triple Seal” begins with the seal created by the port cover overlap channel gasket sealing on the intermediate cover flange – Seal#1. secondly, this same gasket creates another seal across the flat of the intermediate cover – Seal#2. Lastly, an additional port cover flange gasket creates yet another seal across the flat of the intermediate cover – Seal#3. Our hollow chamber longitudinal gasket typically creates up to ¾ of an inch compression between the cover and coaming. Additionally, to virtually eliminate the gaps in the longitudinal trough gasket between adjacent covers, a mitered gasket joint configuration is utilized – (Q+Miter).
Fiberglass Quantum Plus Covers:
- 4 Layer Fiberglass Laminate (Typically 5/32”)
- Durable Grey Gel Coat Finish
- Depth of Pan and Molded in Ribs add Superior Cover Strength
- Crown Shape Sheds Water
- Light Durable Cover
Aluminum Quantum Plus Covers:
- 5052_H34 Aluminum (0.125”)
- Strong 6061_T4 Extruded End Channels
- Bare Aluminum Finish
- Fully Welded Construction
- Multiple Trough Widths Available
- 24”, 30” = Fiberglass
- 20” & 24” = Aluminum
- Numerous Cover Lengths Available
- Gasket Options
- Food Grade Gasket
- Standard Black Gasket
- Various Bumper Options to Suit Different Car Designs
- Galvanized Coated Bumpers
- Various Size and Locations
- Multiple Hardware Configurations
- Galvanized Steel Hardware
- Stainless Steel Hardware
|FIBERGLASS QUANTUM PLUS COVERS|
|Material||4 Layer Fiberglass Laminate|
|Material Thickness||5/32” (0.156”)|
|General Square Port Cover Weight||27 lbs.|
|General Intermediate Cover Weight||50 lbs.|
|ALUMINUM QUANTUM PLUS COVERS|
|Material Thickness||1/8” (0.125”)|
|General Square Port Cover Weight||40 lbs.|
|General Intermediate Cover Weight||74 lbs.|
On The Quantum Plus system, like a conventional batten bar system, will allow the covers to be opened in any order. However, the port covers on one or both ends of the desired cover must be opened first (much like batten bars). When closing, the Quantum Plus design will only allow the operator to close and lock the covers in the proper order.
- Open the locks associated with the cover you need to open.
- Once locks are opened, the small port covers can be swung out of the way.
- The desired trough cover can then be opened.
- First close the intermediate covers adjacent to the Plus covers.
- Once the Intermediates are closed, the Plus covers can then be closed.
- The entire system can now be locked into place.
Wabtec Freight Components
SALES & SUPPORT
For the fastest response time, please fill out the contact form.
If you prefer to contact us directly:
30 Isabella Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15212 - USA
(412) 825-1000, option #1
freight [dot] customerservice [at] wabtec [dot] com (subject: Freight%20Car%20Website%20Inquiry) (freight[dot]customerservice[at]wabtec[dot]com)