SafeSet 455 Series
Safeset 455 Series: Wheel Style Electric Locomotive Parking Brake
With thousands of electric locomotive parking brakes in the field, the SafeSet 455 Series has become the industry standard.
- Designed for installation in GE locomotives; fits in the same space envelope as the Ellcon-National 210 Series mechanical hand brake
- Patented torque gate technology allows going directly from manual mode of operation to automatic mode of operation and vice versa without changing any settings or moving a lever
- Remote operation is available along with feedback on set and release conditions
- Standard Power Automatic Minimum Vertical Chain Force: 6300 lbs nominal (5200 lbs min, 7700 lbs max)
- Low Power Automatic Minimum Vertical Chain Force: 4850 lbs nominal (4200 lbs min, 5800 lbs max)
- Output Force Control in Automatic Mode: Current sensing circuit activation point pre-set at the factory to either the standard or low power setting.
- Diameter of Wheel used with Standard Power Models: 22”
- Diameter of Wheel used with Low Power Models: 16”
- Both Standard and Low Power versions rated at 105 lbf applied tangential to the wheel when used in the manual mode.
- Chain Take Up Rate in Automatic Mode: 1.5 ft/minute (~ 18”/minute) (no load)
- Chain Take Up Rate in Manual Mode: 13 turns/ft
- Chain Take Up Range: Unlimited
- Operating Voltage Range: 45 to 87 VDC operating. Tolerates continuous exposure up to 138 VDC.
- Average Run Current: 2 Amps @ 74VDC
- Nominal Idle Current: .04 Amps @ 74 VDC
- Full Load Current (Standard Power version): 8 Amps @ 74 VDC
- Maximum Inrush Current: 20 Amps @ 74VDC for <100 milliseconds
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 to +158 deg. F. (-40 to +70 deg C.)
- Weight: 165 lbs
- Transient Protection: +/- 600 VDC FWHM for 5 milliseconds
- Brake Chain: Standard ½” locomotive hand brake chain supplied with the brake.
- Chain Angularity Limits: 5 degrees side to side, 3 degrees front to back
Wabtec Locomotive Components
SALES & SUPPORT
For the fastest response time, please fill out the contact form.
If you prefer to contact us directly:
30 Isabella Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15212 - USA
(412) 825-1000, option #1
freight [dot] customerservice [at] wabtec [dot] com (subject: Locomotive%20Components%20Website%20Inquiry)