L250MDC Marine Engine Family
The L250MDC EPA T4 & IMO III emissions-compliant engine series is the most technologically advanced and fuel-efficient medium-speed diesel engine ever built by Wabtec. The L250MDC marine diesel engines are certified to meet EPA Tier 4 & IMO III emissions standards through advanced exhaust gas recirculation that requires no urea-based after-treatment. This advanced technology limits the formation of NOx in cylinder as opposed to removing NOx from the exhaust through an after-treatment system, while maintaining world-class fuel efficiency.
- Eliminates the need for space and weight provisions otherwise needed for an SCR system and urea storage tanks, preserving valuable cargo, accommodation, and tank space
- No additional operating expenses from urea use and catalyst replacements
- No hassle associated with planning for urea replenishment and handling urea onboard
- Reducing ship design complexity and shipyard installation time and cost compared to an engine with an SCR after treatment solution
- Robust and proven design, simple to operate
- World-class fuel efficiency and load response with practically no visible smoke
- High engine energy efficiency with more heat recovery available in jacket water system from EGR
- Narrow footprint allows ease of maintenance and packaging advantage
Wabtec Marine Diesel Engines
Sales and Support
Questions? Send us a note! Our regional sales team would be delighted to contact you!
For the fastest response time, please fill out the contact form.
If you prefer to contact us directly, email MSDProducts [at] wabtec [dot] com.