EPA T4 & IMO III emissions compliant series
Proud to Power
Reliable, fuel-efficient and durable engine power solution for the marine industry. Meeting the most stringent emissions levels with NO urea after-treatment.
Our proven solution is less complex to install and operate, produces practically no visible smoke, operates at world class fuel efficiency and load response, and avoids the hassle of planning urea replenishment and onboard handling of urea.
- Eliminates the need for space and weight provisions otherwise needed for a SCR system and urea storage tanks, preserving valuable cargo, accommodation, and tank space
- No additional operating expenses from urea use and catalyst replacements
- No hassle associated with planning for urea replenishment and handling urea onboard
- Reducing ship design complexity and shipyard installation time and cost compared to an engine with a SCR after treatment solution
- Robust and proven design, simple to operate
- World-class fuel efficiency and load response with practically no visible smoke
- High engine energy efficiency with more heat recovery available in jacket water system from EGR
- Narrow footprint allows ease of maintenance and packaging advantage
Wabtec’s advanced EGR technology
Wabtec has been first to launch a medium-speed marine diesel engine series which is certified to meet the IMO III and EPA T4 emissions standards by deploying advanced EGR technology, which minimizes the formation of NOX during combustion as opposed to reducing NOX in the exhaust gas through a series of chemical reactions in an after-treatment system. Engines with EGR technology offer significant benefits over engines with SCR after-treatment technology. Engines with EGR technology:
- Have 30% to 50% lower system weight
- Require 20% to 40% less space
- Have a 40% to 49% lower installation cost
- Have up to 8% lower operating expenses
Marine Diesel Engines
Reliable, durable & fuel-efficient marine engines for propulsion and auxiliary power.
LOWEST AVERAGE ANNUAL OPERATING COST
15%⬇ 5 to 15% lower operating cost
Thanks to the combination of better fuel efficiency, as well as, eliminating the use of urea, catalyst replacement and SCR system maintenance.
LOWEST SHIPYARD INSTALLATION COST
50%⬇ lower installation cost
Less complex and less expensive to install, thanks to the elimination of all SCR system related equipment, fabrication of urea tank, piping and SCR system installation work.
40%⬇ up to 40% smaller footprint
EGR technology eliminates space otherwise needed by SCR system, preserving valuable cargo and tank space.
50%⬇ up to 50% lower system weight
EGR technology eliminates additional weight from urea tanks and SCR system.
Wabtec Marine Diesel Engines
Sales and Support
Questions? Send us a note! Our regional sales team would be delighted to contact you!
For the fastest response time, please fill out the contact form.
If you prefer to contact us directly, email MSDProducts [at] wabtec [dot] com (MSDProducts[at]wabtec[dot]com).