Locomotive Interface Gateway (LIG)
Locomotive Interface Gateway (LIG) is a network communications and interface device that provides locomotive control-system data to third-party applications. The LIG is designed with an Open Message Interface which allows applications to access control-system data while providing locomotive system isolation to ensure the control system is not adversely impacted by third-party applications. The real-time parameters available from the LIG can be used to perform real-time health and status monitoring of a locomotive as well as real-time assessment of locomotive operator performance.
- Provides locomotive control system data to 3rd-party applications via open message interface (PTC, Locomotive Monitoring and Diagnostic, other RR Business Apps)
- Converts data from locomotive-specific format into an AAR-defined common format
- Provides Locomotive Control System isolation from 3rd-party systems
- Streaming broadcast of locomotive parameters (cab stand states, sensor readings…)
- Publication rates range from once per second to once per 60 seconds
- Request based and streaming locomotive fault and snapshot information
Automated Bench Test Equipment
Automated Bench Test Equipment provides troubleshooting ability for repair to the module or sub-component level. The system can be Consolidated Bench Test Equipment for multiple system testing (CABTE).
SmartCab Over-the-Air (OTA) delivers software updates “Over the Air” to locomotives thus simplifying software installation.
Speed Indication & Sensing
Ruggedized Speed Indicator / Speed Sensing systems for accurate speed indication and optional overspeed control. Available in electro-mechanical or doppler speed sensing arrangements