A Lower-cost Alternative for Locomotives Operating in the Range of 3,000 - 4,000 hp.
The 994-500 is fully interchangeable with the "life cycle cost saving" 994-100 series and has half the moving parts of the original 975 Series line, saving the customer both initial and upkeep expense.
- Operation: Twin tower, pressure swing regeneration, 65 second cycle per tower (48 sec regeneration & 17 sec repressurization) - one complete cycle each 130 sec\
- Desiccant: Material:Activated Alumina - in bags
- Pressure: Max system pressure - 150 psig (10.0 bar)
- Temperature: -40 deg. F to +160 deg. F (-40 deg. C to +70 deg. C) Heater is included as a standard feature
- Inlet Flow: 100 scfm nominal (2826 l/min)
- Self-Adjusting Purge Valve: Automatically meters the proper amount of regeneration air based on inlet conditions. Eliminates wasted purge air at low flows and maximizes dryer performance at high flows.
- Pressure Drop: 5 psig max (less coalescer) at 100 scfm @ 100 psig & 105 deg. F
- Coalescing Filter Rating: 99.9% efficiency @ 0.3 microns
- Voltage: 18 to 138 VDC (74 VDC nominal) - able to handle surges up to 138 VDC
- Current: 0.5 A max @ 74 VDC (heater off)
- 10 A max @ 74 VDC (heater on)
- Electrical Connection: Quick disconnect
- Exposure: Resistant to direct water spray and damage from flying debris
- Shock: 10 g in all 3 axis
- Vibration: Meets or exceeds both GETS & EMD requirements for OEM products
- Fatigue: NFPA T2.6.1-1974, cyclical category 3/90 @ 140 psig
- EMI: Meets or exceeds both GETS & EMD requirements for OEM products
- Size: 29" W x 24.22" H x 16.5" L
- 737 mm W x 615 mm H x 419 mm L
- Weight: 155 lbs (45 kg) - Dryer only 75 lbs (34 kg) - Mounting bracket only
- Options: Muffler
- Memory: Timer
- Multi-Language Labels
Wabtec Locomotive Components
SALES & SUPPORT
For the fastest response time, please fill out the contact form.
If you prefer to contact us directly:
30 Isabella Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15212 - USA
(412) 825-1000, option #1
freight [dot] customerservice [at] wabtec [dot] com (subject: Locomotive%20Components%20Website%20Inquiry)