Advanced Monitoring & Sensing Solutions
Quick Statistic: Mining Operators take real-time information from acoustics, vibration, strain, and other critical factors but use less than 1% of the data. Wabtec partners with our customers to ensure real-time information is being collected and distributed via distributed sensing capabilities by collaborating with Hifi Engineering and Stone Three Solutions.
Wabtec Digital Mine enables operators to leverage analytics and artificial intelligence to identify root causesand move from predictive to prescriptive analytics enabled by fiber-optic monitoring technologies and prescriptive analytics. Digital Mine takes real-time information from acoustics, vibration, strain, and other critical factors, enabling operators to increase their confidence with the production monitoring of their assets and overall operations.
Premier distributed integrity monitoring and management solution:
Wabtec’s Digital Mine combines advanced fiber-optic technology from Hifi Engineering with the power of Asset Performance Management, delivering the most reliable readings with the most actionable insights and ongoing advisory support.
Our solutions can be leveraged over a wide range of applications, such as:
- Pipeline Monitoring & Sensing
- Tailings Health Monitoring and Management Solution
- Integrated Conveyor Belt Health Monitoring
We help our customers monitor thermal, acoustic, and kinetic energy (strain and vibration) to alarm on multiple types of events, including:
- Abnormal temperatures
- Pipeline strain and movement
- Hillside erosion and other geotechnical event detection including active or residual earthquakes
- Security Intrusions detected via acoustics
- Compared to traditional distributed sensors (DTS, DAS, DSS), Wabtec Digital Mine solutions have significantly higher fidelity (multiple orders of magnitude increase in sensitivity) and are effective over much longer distances, representing a responsible investment with an attractive payback
- Higher sensitivity and multiple variables enable machine learning and eliminate false positives, which supports more intelligent decision making, ultimately supporting PREVENTATIVE PIPELINE LEAK DETECTION
How our Monitoring & Sensing Solution works
Hifi Fiber-Optic Sensors
- Hifi fiber-optic sensors are installed on, near, or inside pipelines to capture and securely send comprehensive data from the pipeline to the control room at the speed of light.
Actionable insights in real time
- False alarms are avoided by checking current conditions against expected activity, which is captured with a baseline survey. In the case of any unusual activity, operators are notified immediately through Asset Performance Management with critical information needed to identify the cause for the alarm and avoid or minimize impact.
Faster, more informed decision-making
- With these real-time, actionable insights and an intuitive software interface, control room operators can quickly analyze comprehensive data to more easily make critical decisions about whether or not to shut down operations.
Optimizing mineral processing plants
Leverage machine-vision-based smart sensor technology, consultative data analysis, and advanced process control services to help monitor your process plant.
- Ore Size: The primary crusher is the link between the mine and plant, and its productivity is of major importance to any operation. In collaboration with Stone Three, our particle-size-measurement solution uses machine vision to monitor ore during tipping, improving primary crusher uptime by early detection of oversized particles and increasing its efficiency by enabling fragmentation feedback to blasting operations.
- Crushing: Crusher performance is key to a healthy mineral-extraction process and can be hampered by improper gap settings, suboptimal feed size and unpredictable liner wear. Our Crusher Diagnostics and Analytics solution is a machine-vision-based system that continuously monitors the feed and product size distribution as well as other key parameters, enabling improvement of crusher performance.
- Grinding: The grinding mill is regarded as the primary module in many comminution circuits. It is costly to run, and optimizing its productivity is essential. Suboptimal feed size leads to inefficient grinding and reduced throughput. Our Milling Diagnostics and Analytics solution is a machine-vision-based system that continuously monitors the feed size distribution as well as other key parameters, enabling improvement of mill performance.
- Flotation: Proper operation of the froth flotation process leads to improved recovery, but challenges, such as cells not pulling, get in the way. Our Flotation Diagnostics and Analytics solution is a machine- vision-based system that continuously monitors key froth and pulp metrics.
Start your digital mine journey
SALES & SUPPORT
apac [dot] dmt [at] wabtec [dot] com
latam [dot] dmt [at] wabtec [dot] com
nam [dot] dmt [at] wabtec [dot] com
Europe, Middle East & Africa
emea [dot] dmt [at] wabtec [dot] com